Sunday, February 27, 2011

Slow Down My Love!

The title of this post really says it all. So much has happened since Brianna turned five months old (four days ago), I feel like its going by in a blur. These may seem like little things, but it really seems like a switch has gone off and our baby has all of the sudden decided that she is ready to grow up! This weekend alone, whenever she was put on her back or her belly she flopped over the other way. She has even rolled from back to belly and back again in a matter of a few seconds! This is very different from the once-in-a-blue moon rolling she was doing before.

She also decided that she was interested in eating this weekend. In the past month or so I have offered jars of stage 1 baby food, just to give her a taste. All were rejected immediately with a look of disgust. Yesterday, however, she tried the Gerber Baby prunes that her Uncle Kevin bought for her at her baby shower back in July. She LOVED them- first time I ever heard her actually swallow. She is also very interested in whatever Matt and I are eating and is starting to grab for plates and cups and our mouths (lol).

In church this morning she was so interested in what everyone was doing, she behaved so well distracted by all the music and other babies crying and people moving about. Lastly, she is been incredibly vocal, chatting away pretty much the whole time she was awake. *Whew* We are in for an exciting ride! I can't wait to be there for every minute of it. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Now the real fun begins :) I remember when Joshua was that old. Seriously they are so much fun, the older and more interactive they get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brianna: Someday you'll be eating prunes for a whole different reason!!! Love you sweetheart!
    Grandma Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how big she is! I want a play date with Bri as soon as we get into town : )

    ReplyDelete