Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Garage Sales!

July has been full of fun, and hot weather. I am bored on my lunch break at work so here I am blogging about whatever comes to my mind, with pictures of course! I had to share a couple of awesome garage sale finds from last Thursday. The first one is a Little People Nativity, which was $5. Can you say adorable!! The second is a set of lawn chairs for $5. Matt and I were going to pick up two of these for $40 at Cub, so this was definitely a steal. At the same garage sale I also picked up a set of colored stacking cups, a small purple fish tank that we are using as part of Brianna's birthday present, and this great little cardboard children's book called "Goodnight Minnesota," which features lots of great things about Minnesota including the Minnesota State Fair, Canal Park in Duluth and the giant spoon at the art museum.

The second part of my random post is about the wedding shower Brianna and I attended last Sunday. It was for my cousin Sarah and her fiance, Kevin. Held at a very nice park in Eagan, It was a beautiful day. The first thing we did when we arrived was check out the adjourning pond. I know the picture is kind of dark, but here is Brianna's first time in anything other than a pool. I stripped her down to her diaper and let her sit in the dirt. At first she didn't seem to mind it, although it was clear that she was unsure of her surroundings. When a tiny fish came up and nibbled her toe I freaked out and picked her up. Emulating my panic she started screaming and couldn't be calmed down until my sister, Kelly, distracted her by swinging her around and "swimming" with her. Needless to say, the whole experience didn't last very long. By that time everyone had arrived and we ate sandwiches and fruit and baked beans (Sarah's favorite!) Then we watched the happy couple open presents and called it a day. We are all very excited to attend the actual wedding this coming Friday. I will definitely be posting pictures since Matt, Brianna and I will all be matching in red. <3

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had quite an interesting life lately....although I think you meant to say Fort Snelling or something like that when talking about "Goodnight MN" (since Fort Knox is in Kentucky)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those chairs. That is all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute nativity set. Can't wait to see pictures of you three matching, I just know it'll be a riot.

    ReplyDelete