Ben is 15 days old and doing wonderful. The last two weeks we have been fortunate enough to spend together, getting used to our cool new little family unit. Brianna had a few hard days adjusting to Ben being around, and still has tough days, but is overall adjusting very well. I am so proud of the beautiful, loving person she is becoming. She is very good with her little brother. She gives him lots of kisses and backrubs and puts his pacifier back in his mouth when he cries. She is very concerned when he seems upset and says "Ben" over and over unil I attend to him.
Matt goes back to work tomorrow. I will miss his company greatly. He has been such an amazing help with cooking and cleaning and taking care of Bri the majority of the time when I have been with Ben. He also spent the last week making sure that I had a very special birthday.
Although 26 does not feel any different than 25, I had a great time celebrating my birthday. On the 10th, Matt took me to Applebees for a Perfect Margarita (my first drink in almost a year!) and then to Red Lobster for coconut shrimp. We laughed and talked and enjoyed our time together as if it was one of our first dates! Today we had family over and Matt made me a carrot cake, my favorite! Definitely one of the best birthdays I have had in a long time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment