Wednesday, March 21, 2012

26 weeks 3 days

Mom & Baby
I am starting to feel the weight of this baby inside of me. It's a very odd feeling. When I laugh, he bounces, when I turn over in bed, I have to move him too. It's just so WEIRD! He is already head down and you can tell because the jabs under my ribs are considerably stronger than the ones going the other way. Sometimes he will turn around and make me immediately nauseated. Often lately I am hit with the sadness that this will be the last time I will feel what this feels like. There is no way to capture it. I can videotape my belly moving, but I can't keep that "feeling" of my baby moving around inside of me forever. I know that I will soon forget and it makes me sad! So for now, I am enjoying every little kick, uncomfortable or not.

Things are going very well. I get fatigued a little quicker these days, and I keep developing these mysterious hives on my face- which I assume are pregnancy-related. Otherwise I feel very lucky to have had a virtually easy pregnancy so far.

One thing I have noticed is that I get Braxton Hicks contractions a LOT, like sometimes four or five an hour. I know they say not to call unless its six an hour, and so far they have pretty pretty inconsistent, so I'm not too worried.

Matt & The Fam
Sometimes I look at my husband and wonder how he keeps so cool. I freak out periodically whenever Brianna is being particularily difficult and worry that there is no way I can deal with two. In the same breath, whenever she is being particulaily sweet and adorable, I wonder how I can possibly love another child as much as her. I know these feelings are completely normal, but they are still real. Matt seems to be taking everything in stride. He doesnt even have any interest in setting up the crib yet, and won't let me until May. He is excited about having a son and talks about it often, but never in worry. I have no worries that he will be an amazing father to two, after seeing how great he is with Bri.

6 months down! 3 months left. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment