I PASSED!! Woo Hoo!!
The 1-Hr Glucose test that is. Everyone kept telling me that it didnt matter what I did before the test, that the results would be the same. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that. Not only that, but I've been told that if I have failed the 1-hr test in the past, I was likely to fail it again.
I took it at a different clinic this time, who required fasting 12 hours before hand. I ended up fasting 20 hours before hand due to timing of the appointment. That SUCKED, but I can definitely say it was worth it not having to take the 3-hr test. Two days before the test I also cut way back on carbs and sugar.
When I got to the appointment they took my blood right away and almost didn't do the test because my blood sugar was so low (48 is low I guess?). Then I drank the drank and was told to sit in the waiting room. I wanted to walk around because I had heard that exercise metabolized sugar better, but they told me I would have a room ready right away to go in for my 28 week appt. I ended up fidgeting and bouncing as much as possible sitting in my chair until they actually got me in the room 30 minutes later.
The actual 28 week appt. went well. I got the rhogam shot in my hip, had my lady parts checked and was told that although I was measuring 29 weeks (at 27.5 weeks.. change the freaking due date people!) there was very little chance that I would go into labor early at this point. Good news!
After the appointment they took my second blood draw and told me less than five minutes later that it came out perfectly normal. I couldn't help doing a fist pump in the waiting room, aand I was so excited I thought I might cry from sheer happiness all the way home. Yes... that is how bad the 3-hr test SUCKS.
Aaand for dinner I had McDonalds, a Pop-Tart, a Nutrigrain Bar and a piece of cheesecake. Probably not the greatest idea... but I was ready to eat my own hand by that point.
Lovies!
Catherine
No comments:
Post a Comment