Thursday, July 29, 2010

32 Weeks (In the 8th month!) Update

32 Week OB appointment

32 Weeks today. I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. I saw a different doctor than I normally see, but I thought he was wonderful! I only have two doctors left to see before I will have met everyone in the whole practice (and everyone that could be delivering my baby). I really loved all of them except for maybe one of the male doctors, who wasnt very personal.
The big concern this week was the whole weight gain issue. I have actually lost a couple of pounds since my last visit instead of gaining them. However, the doctor I saw this time didnt seem at all concerned and said that I just need to keep eating healthy and let whatever happen, happen with my weight. As usual, baby girl was measuring perfectly. So to end that drama... only one doctor out of several was concerned, so I am not going to be. Soon I will be getting to the point where I will not be able to eat as much either, because my stomach will be so cramped.. and that is usually the point where people stop gaining weight anyhow.

Something kind of fun.. when Doc. listened to baby's heartbeat, he asked if I knew what I was having. I just said "yup". To which he responded, "That's a girl heartbeat", to which I just laughed and replied "yup". It's just nice to have it affirmed.

Showers
My 2nd baby shower is this weekend! It is being hosted by my aunt Betsy, my Godfather Leonard's wife. It will be held in Inver Grove Heights and attended by the Hannasch side of the family, and a few bylands. I really dont know what to expect, since my first one was fairly non-traditional- but I'm excited!

Symptoms
The 3rd trimester is definitely here! Mostly aching in places I didn't know could ache. I have figured out a marvelous solution for back pain at night though, using a body pillow in front of me, between my knees and under my belly and one tucked just underneath my back. So far a mixture of that, Tylenol and Matt's amazing backrubs have been keeping things bearable. Other than that I get woozy if I stand for too long and exhausted if I walk up and down stairs or for longer than 15 minutes at any point in time. Also, the baby is high enough that she is pushing on my diaphram and slumping over while sitting is definitely no longer an option. Fortunately, I still have not gotten any heartburn or swelling or anything to that nature, so hooray!

Mental Preparation
Mostly I am just starting to get genuinely excited about reaching the end of my pregnancy. I am even excited for labor because I know at the end of it, she will be here! It's taken me a long time to get mentally prepared, but I am finally getting there :-) Matt says he has been ready since the day we decided to have kids! Lucky guy!

Catherine & B

1 comment:

  1. Ah you're too cute. And Matt too. I'm glad everything is going so well. Your going to be a wonderful mommy.

    ReplyDelete