Monday, December 12, 2011

Intake OB Appt.

My first OB appointment was on Thursday. I went to a different Allina clinic because Fridley was too busy (as per usual). The Blaine facility was really new looking and everyone was very nice, so my apprehension was for naught. When I arrived they got me right in and made me do a UA to confim the pregnancy. I was happy to hear that nothing had changed since my last HPT. Then the OB educator took me into her office to go over the basics, make sure I didn't have any questions, do a full medical history and let me know that no, I should not be eating bleu cheese (sad face) and yes, I can continue to be on Weight Watchers as long as it is only used to monitor my healthy eating and maintain my weight, not lose it. I am ok with this....

Next they drew a bunch of vials of blood for this, that and the other reason and sent me back to scheduling to make an appointment for my early ultrasound, so I can finally find out my due date. Hooray! It is scheduled for next Thursday,  10/27 at 9:20am. Matt is taking off the first half of the day to come. I know we won't be able to see much but a little blob and hopefully a beating heart, but I am still really excited! I think we will have Brianna with us too. Even though she won't have any idea what is going on, we can tell her later that she got to see her little brother or sister before anyone else. :-)

I am still feeling pretty great. Only minor bouts of nausea and some headaches. Fingers crossed that it stays that way for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment