Wednesday, February 24, 2010

10 weeks tomorrow

We told a few more family members this week and plan to make the news public tomorrow, as it is my 10 week point. I have read many things that say I am past the danger for congential abnormalities at this point and have less than a 2% chance of miscarriage, which of course has been our hugest fear because of my family history.

So an update...

My nausea has subsided greatly. I have only gotten it for an hour or so in the late morning and for an hour or so at night. I have a bit more energy but overall am still very tired. I seem to have developed some sort of lactose intolerance and cannot consume any normal amount of dairy without getting an AWFUL stomache ache. Most food sounds absolutely disgusting to me, so I have been living off of fruit , fruit snacks, and whatever I happen to be craving at the moment.

Matthew and I am super excited because we have planned a "babymoon" for our spring break in March. We will be taking a six day cruise to the caribbean for our first vacation together ever. I will be nearly into the second trimester by then and hope to have my appetite back!! Also, we will obviously not be going anywhere once our little one is born so we feel it's now or never.

My next appointment is March 10th. We will be getting to hear the heartbeat on doppler! We ask for lots of prayers that everything goes smoothly.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment