Wednesday, June 27, 2012

40+4 Reflections

I am quickly coming to terms with the fact that my June bug will most likely be a July baby. This has definitely been the longest week of my life, but not the worst by far. Since my pre-term labor issues at 35 weeks, I have been preparing for Ben to make his appearance. I now realize that God had a different plan. What I ended up with was two extra weeks (maybe three?) off of work to spend with my amazing daughter.

Were all of the days amazing and fun? No; some days I could barely move and had to spend the entire day on the couch with Bri playing next to me. However, most were spent playing "kitchen", reading books, taking walks, playing at the park, swimming, talking about the world around us, and spending lots of time snuggling. I wouldn't give this time back for the world! At this point the only thing I regret is the time I have spent whining about being overdue, (sorry to all of those who have had to listen to it) At the max, Bri only has one more week of being an only child, and I plan to enjoy every minute of it!

Playing in the Pool
Lunch at the Mall
Walking to the Park
I leave you now, completely at peace with whatever happens. <3

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment