This morning I went in for my 41 week appointment. I went to a different clinic than normal because my doctor is at the Plymouth clinic on Saturdays. When I got there I got weighed, blood pressure taken and the usual round of family history questions. * Up two pounds, perfect bp as usual and no, my family history has not changed from three days ago*. Then they hooked me up to the non-stress test machine which went just fine until I started blacking out. I called for the nurse and was immediately surrounded by a bunch of medical people. Turns out the combination of no breakfast, lying on my back with a 7-9 pound kid resting on top of me, and the fact that the air conditioner was broken made a nasty combination. After some apple juice, turning on my side, and a strategically placed ice pack I was good to go.
Next my doctor checked me. After a couple of days of plenty of painful contractions, I fully expected her to tell me all about the awesome progress I had made. Instead she proceeded to inform me I had made zero progress and my cervix was still high. Same thing going on as the last three weeks, absolutely nothing. Disheartened by this news, she then advised me that my fluid level of 7.9 from the biophysical on Monday was not where she would like to see it, and that I was only in the 5th percentile for women of my gestational age. She said she wanted to induce TONIGHT. Whoa! I was not expecting this. She sent me on my way with the promise that she would call me as soon as she heard from the hospital about whether or not they would allow an induction before 41 weeks.
About 15 minutes later the doctor called and said that hospital policy was that they would not induce before 41 weeks unless it is a medical emergency. The best she was able to do was get me in for Cervadil on Friday night and induce in the morning on Saturday. I agreed to this, trusting her recommendation.
So here it is, Thursday night. Matt is going to work a full day tomorrow and then come home. My Mother-In-Law is coming over around five and will be watching Brianna until Sunday when my Mom will take her. The house is clean, there is food in the cupboards and everything is ready for Ben.
Lovies, Catherine
No comments:
Post a Comment